· Launch the Orbi app. Enter your router's admin password and tap SIGN IN. The dashboard displays. In the top-left corner, tap the Menu icon. Select Settings > Router Settings. Scroll down and tap Check for Updates. If you see Update Firmware instead, your router has new firmware available. Follow the onscreen instructions to update your router's firmware.
· Click Advanced > Administration > Firmware Update. Click the Manual Update tab. The firmware update page displays. Note: We recommend that you always update the firmware on your Orbi satellite(s) first, and then update your router. Do not update the firmware on your Orbi router and satellite at the same time.
· To manually update the firmware on your Orbi satellite: Download the firmware for your Orbi satellite from the NETGEAR Download Center and save it to your desktop. Click the Manual Update tab. The Firmware Update page displays. Select the check box next to your satellite's model name. Click the Update button. The Orbi satellite Firmware Update window opens.
· Connect the wired PC to the RBR. While connected to the RBR, find the IP address that the RBS is using. Use this IP address to log into the RBS web page. You can manually update the RBS first by applying v74. I believe after v74 is applied to the RBS, you can go directly to the most latest version of FW. v4 or v70. Now update the RBR with v74. After v74 is applied, you'll need to apply …
· Re: ORBI RBS50 (RBK50) Firmware upgrade - MAC TFTP -New Purchase not working Glad you got in and got it working. You can pair RBS to RBR with pressing the large black button in back of the RBR then RBS.
· I just purchased a new Orbi RBK50 one satellite mesh system. I don't understand how the firmware on my satelitte is showing version V184.108.40.206 but the router firmware is V220.127.116.11. Should they not be the same? Also I thought I read that if your firmware version was below V18.104.22.168 you would have to update to that first before going to a newer ...
The people who are hardest to convince they're ready for retirement are children at bedtime.