· Where in the interface does it say that? I have a NVG599 and don't see anything like that nor have I ever heard of explicit requests to manually download firmware updates for the ATT gateways. ATT pushes updates on their own schedule so you should be already updated. You could push the factory reset to force updates if you want to however.
· Open the "Firmware," "Router Upgrade," or "Update" page. The name of this page will be different for every different router manufacturer. The location varies, but you can usually find it in the "Administration," "Utilities," or "Maintenance" section.
· To update your router’s firmware, type your router’s IP address into your web browser and enter your login information. Then locate the Firmware or Update section and download the latest firmware update on your router manufacturer’s website. Finally, upload the update and reboot the router.
How to Update Router Firmware Easily? It is very easy to update your router’s firmware but you should follow the steps carefully to not mess with the other settings of your router.The process is almost similar with all the Popular WiFi router brands in India like Netgear, D-Link, TP-Link, Asus, Tenda, iBall etc… Before proceeding with the firmware update, first you’ll need to know your ...
· Look for a firmware version number that you can compare to the one you downloaded. Transfer the firmware file to the router. Some routers might require a flash drive that contains the firmware file, plugged into an open USB port on the router, but others let you upgrade the firmware from the router's control panel.
Learn how to upgrade or replace your high speed modem. OVERVIEW. Upgrade or replace your high speed modem. To upgrade your modem or gateway, visit the AT&T Equipment Shop to review the current offerings and submit your order online. Community discussion. Join the business forum. Ask questions. Get answers. Help others. Join the conversation! ...Go to discussion ...
· Att pushes their updates on their own schedule when they deem necessary. You can force them to reinstall the firmware by pressing the red button on the back for a about 10 seconds to do a factory reset (generally a waste of time). Note a factory reset will wipe out any seeings you may have changed in your gateway (e.g., wifi ssid and passwords).
Wisdom is knowing what to do next; virtue is doing it.