· Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to restore to an unsigned iOS firmware like iOS 11.1.2 which can be jailbroken. This guide has been written by Albanus Alain, one of our readers, who has successfully restored his iPhone 5s to iOS 11.1.2 and then back to iOS 11.0.3.
Access your computer’s operating system as an administrator and then open the Command Prompt and insert the following command line: futurestore -t my.hsh2 -i signed.ipsw restoreto.ipsw. Press Enter after you type in the command line and the process of downgrading an unsigned version of iOS should be underway.
How to Restore IPSW with/without iTunes. Jerry Cook; Updated on 2020-10-20 to iPhone Care; In our digital life, there are a lot of situations that we will need to install IPSW file on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, like, update iOS system, restore unsigned ipsw without iTunes, downgrade iOS, repair iOS issues, restore device to factory reset and so forth.
· Click "OK" and you are taken to the iPhone restore page. Hold down the SHIFT key (Alt (Option) for Mac) and click on the Restore button. Browse to your desktop and select the custom IPSW which you want to restore. Now sit back and relax while iTunes restores the custom IPSW on your iDevice. Once restored, your iDevice will reboot automatically.
Press and hold the “Shift” key, then click the “Restore” button in the bottom right of the window to choose which iOS file you want to restore with. Select the file for your previous iOS version from the “iPhone Software Updates” folder you accessed in Step 2. The file will have a “.ipsw” extension.
· Failing to disable "Find my iPhone/iPad/iPod" and/or having NO PLS Recovery installed can cause Futurerestore to not upgrade, downgrade, or re-restore your device to an unsigned firmware. If your device is put on "Recovery Mode", do not panic. This is entirely normal.
· As promised, Prometheus, the tool that allows downgrade or upgrade to an unsigned iOS firmware, has been released. And while the tool may sound like a godsend, which it …
· Downgrade iPhone 5 / iPad 4 From iOS 10 -10.3.3 to iOS 8.4.1. How to Use Futurerestore to Restore to Unsigned Firmwares? Downgrade iPhone 4s / iPad 2 to iOS 6.1.3 Using 3uTools (No SHSH, but now iOS 6.1.3 is signed for iPhone 4s and iPad 2(iPad 2,1, 2,2 and 2,3), you can downgrade on …
To revert to an unsigned iOS firmware version, follow the steps outlined below keenly: Step 1: Unzip the downloaded futurerestore zip file into a folder on your PC named futurerestore. The path to the folder should look something like C:\futurerestore\.
Don't give someone a piece of your mind unless you're ready to live with what's left.