When the regulatory domain is first set up, the kernel will request a database file (regulatory.db) containing all the regulatory rules.
· crda-3.18_2018.05.31-2.fc28 has been pushed to the Fedora 28 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
· Issue description Newer kernels (4.15+) can look for wireless regulatory info from /lib/firmware (for us this is /run/current-system/firmware I think?), replacing the need for user-space helper like crda. (at least in the common case, I ...
· I looked up topics and contents of post on this BBS and elsewhere, containing: failed AND load AND regulatory.db. There is a lot of stuff out there, but I am no closer to finding out why regulatory.db failed and how to fix it. Last edited by Cbhihe (2019-04-25 15:44:29)
· One more try...good job at rebuilding the firmware and installing the regulatory db those are musts to have a working network-ready device. If you are not getting any other messages except for an the inactive link then I would say that you are probably just missing a minimal thing with one of the many steps involved did you fail to load all the modules, or possibly in starting services too ...
[ 4.979864] cfg80211: failed to load regulatory.db [ 5.052221] brcmfmac: F1 signature read @0x18000000=0x1541a9a6 [ 5.057618] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio for chip BCM43430/1
· The strange thing, though, is that the firmware was right where it should be: # ls -lh /lib/firmware/ total 664K-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 662K Mar 26 13:30 iwlwifi-6000g2a-6.ucode. After digging around for a while, I finally figured out the problem. The kernel was trying to load the firmware for this device/driver before it was
[ 3.195922] Serial: 8250/16550 driver, 32 ports, IRQ sharing enabled [ 3.216541] 00:01: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4, base_baud = 115200) is a 16550A [ 3.224159] Linux agpgart interface v0.103 [ 3.233256] loop: module loaded [ 3.233986] libphy: Fixed MDIO Bus: probed [ 3.233988] tun: Universal TUN/TAP device driver, 1.6 [ 3.234087] PPP generic driver version 2.4.2 [ 3.234201] ehci_hcd: USB 2.0 ...
Package: firmware-iwlwifi Version: 20200421-1 Severity: normal These two lines appear in the journal log indicating missing firmware, running `apt-file search iwl-debug-yoyo.bin` shows no matches for this firmware existing in any Debian package. Jul 22 23:21:52 debian kernel: iwlwifi 0000:06:00.0: firmware: failed to load iwl-debug-yoyo.bin (-2)
Hello Andrey, Have you ever successfully loaded and ran PRU firmware before? If not, I would suggest first making sure you understand the process by using a known board (beaglebone black) with known software in a known location (Linux SDK 5.0 and the prebuilt PRU firmware in /lib/firmware) and going through known steps (I suggest the RPMsg Quick Start Guide.
No man who has caught a big fish goes home through an alley.